Saturday, April 12, 2008

LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER



The project of this weekend was to put in our sprinklers. We were very lucky to have our wonderful Dad's to come and help us. It's great to have such helpful families. We got a lot done, but could have been more productive. We had a little setback due to some mis-marking of our water lines by blue stakes. So basically the wrong line was marked and we cut our city water line. Our front yard turned into a river/swimming pool. We had to call the city and the water supply for the whole street had to be shut off for a few hours. We are going to have some neighbors that love us! Samson really enjoyed himself. It actually was really cute to watch him play in the water. He was covered in mud.
But the really fun part of the day was when I was sent to Lowe's for sprinkler stuff! I was sent to find the "thing that looks like a T, one inch on each side and threads only on the middle one. What the?? So you can imagine the workers knew exactly what I was talking about. Moral of the story, don't let your husband send you to Lowe's unless he knows the name of what he is sending you for.

6 comments:

Clements Family said...

Looks like lots of fun! Yea for getting your yard done...our sod comes this week!

Kristen said...

That made me laugh so hard, mostly because when we do projects, Ryan sends me for stuff that I have no idea what it is call too! Love ya!

Leslie said...

You are brave for going by yourself! Luckily since theres Gabe involved, its easier for Nick to go himself!!!!! Thats exciting for sprinklers though....they are the best!

Taryn said...

Breanne you are so handy. Someday you and Derek can come put a sprinkler system in our yard. And I need to come get my camera sometime this week! Peace. Love. Sprinklers!

Jennifer said...

Bless your heart! That pool of mud makes my heart race... I can just imagine all four of my babies making a play date right in the center of that mess and it taking me hours to clean them up afterwards.
I am glad that all seems well in the Miller house and that Derek has learned in a relatively painless way that Lowes is not a store for girls.

sam and kyrsten said...

peace love sprinklers!! ha oh you and tar!