Sunday, June 22, 2008

one whole year







This weekend was our one year anniversary.  I can't really even believe it.  Time is flying by. I just want to hold on to every second and every memory.  We have been blessed and so many great things have happened in our lives this past year.  
Some people say the first year is the hardest, some people say its the easiest...I guess I'd agree with both, but I wouldn't trade any of it.  I think, and hope, that I have learned a lot in this year that will help us to continue to build our marriage on a strong foundation to last for all eternity.  
We went camping to celebrate, thats what you do when you are poor. It ended up being really fun.  We went to a place up by beaver ski resort.  Don't worry there still was quite a bit of snow.  It was relaxing. Its nice to have time when we don't have to talk about work or the yard. When we can just enjoy being together, not in a rush for anything.  I do have lots of fun pictures but they are on our new video camera and we can't down load the software to our mac, so this is the only one we were able to take with our camera before the card was full. 


I don't want to forget all the fun times we have had this past year so I thought I would  record some of my best memories so far...
-Of course #1 our wedding day...it was a hot day, perfect blue sky, the temple was great.  It was everything I hoped and more.  A funny thing about that day is that I got into my dress and ready after the sealing a lot faster than Derek.  Who would have thought!
-The song he wrote me, it is so darn cute.  I still beg him to sing it to me.
-I loved the day we got our house, Derek had been keeping it a secret from me and when I came here it was all wrapped up like a present.  He is sweet.
-On the not so good side, I remember the night our house almost burned down.  Hope that one doesn't happen again.
-I loved the day he told me he put gravel in the entire back yard, I could have killed him, turns out it was all a joke.
-Our rock climbing fling.  We were actually getting good.  And in true Derek style we bought all the gear.  Hopefully we will use it again someday.
-I loved the night we went night skiing with our ward, I'm not sure why that night stands out to me so much. It was so fun riding up the lift in the dark with the snow sparkling in the lights on the runs.  
-Another not so good...taking a sick Samson to the hospital every week. Man, he is a lot of work!
-I loved that for church indoor soccer Derek bought me 2 pairs of shin guards and socks.  I'm not sure how hard he thought I would be playing.  He was so excited for my games.  I think he got a kick out of watching me play.
-I loved going to mountains and cutting down our christmas tree, decorating it...just everything about our first christmas. Derek spoiled me as usual.
There are so many more, this could go on and on.  I am grateful for my first great year with Derek and look forward to many more!! I love you Derek.

13 comments:

Kim said...

This is a great post Breanne. These are some of the best times of your life.

Kristen said...

Congrats on the 1st year! You are adorable as usual.

Jennifer said...

How adorable! Congratulations. Yall are such a cute couple.

Taryn said...

We love you guys and are so happy you lasted a year! That would have really made me look like a bad match maker if you hadn't! :) But really we love you and miss you and can't wait for you to come visit us! Come soon!

Clements Family said...

Congrats Bre! It seems like you guys just got married! How fast time flies!

Leah said...

Congratulations! One year, so exciting. The second is even better! (so far)

Heather Ashcroft said...

Good post! Congratulations for making it this far :) I agree with the first year being the easiest and the hardest. Marriage is fun and it goes on forever. Good Luck with the 2nd year!

Unknown said...

you guys are just so darn cute! I'm so happy for you two!

Oh and ps we have all the rock climbing stuff too. Fred use to be all "amazing" but hasn't since I came along...so we should all go together!

Jess said...

Congrats on one year!!! and Your haircut is so so so cute!

The Larsons said...

Congratulations on the one year! It's crazy to look back and think, "I have been married a whole year!" You are now an old married couple!haha you are not a stalker! Iam so happy you are on here!

Aubrey said...

Breanne! I'm a stalker! I got the notion to google you today to see if you have a blog and voila! Anyway, good to see you're doing well, happy anniversary, and let's be blog buddies! Oh, and I saw you're going back to school? Wowsa!
Aubrey (if you can't tell by the picture;)

Taylor Smart said...

Wow one year!!! Man time just flew by!!

Josh and Melissa Shaw said...

Breanne! It is Melissa Davenport.. Well now, Melissa Shaw!
Oh my, how are you doing? I have not seen you since your wedding! We have a lot of catching up to do~
Here is our page: joshmelissashaw@blogspot.com