Tuesday, October 27, 2009


This Morning...

4:40- Wake up, pack winter clothes, chairs, and blankets

5:00- Drive, in the snow, to Layton

6:15- Unpack chairs, bundle up, and wait in the snow

7:00- Still waiting and still snowing

8:00- Still waiting, walked to a hotel looking like a homeless person to get some hot chocolate

9:00- Still waiting

9:30- Line starts moving, get H1N1 vaccine.

Yes this morning Derek and I were one of those people waiting out in the freezing cold to get the H1N1 vaccine. I'm not particularly worried about the effects of the flu for myself, but seeing as it is the only thing we can do for our baby girl to keep her safe from the flu this season, we braved the cold.

It was quite the sight. Apparently some people slept there, some started waiting at 2:30 a.m. ...good to know that others are crazier than we are.

Interesting what people will wait all night for, concert tickets, twilight books...and now getting stabbed in the arm.

10 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

oh my heck. glad you braved it. i guess things change a bit when you have a little one to care for. i guess ill suffer myself :)

Colette said...

Did you get the shot? A lot of people who wait in line for hours are still turned away.

Clarice said...

Isn't it sad that you had to travel out of Cache Valley to get it? What is wrong with that picture?!!

Kim said...

I'm so sorry you had to do that. They've had big lines here too. I guess if you and the baby are protected it's worth it. Hayden and his friends are calling the swine flu "Hiney...(H1N1)" flu. Nobody wants that.

Leslie said...

Our line down here wasn't too bad...Gabe and I only waited for an hour. Boo. She'll appreciate that you got the shot for her....Gabe was NOT happy about being poked (although he was happy about the slurpee afterwards)

Taryn said...

Glad you finally got it! Even more glad you waited like a crazy person and trudged through the snow like a homeless person. Classic.

Leah said...

I just got mine this morning. Wow I can't believe it was so crazy to get down there! I honestly thought that is how it was going to be for us but I only waited for 30 min or so.

Elise said...

It was so fun to see you the other day for a second! Good luck with your little baby! I'm so excited for you guys and to see pictures.

Jess said...

You go girl. Addie is the ONLY one who has had the N1H1. Since my hubby and I are over 24 we can't get it in Utah County yet... So I get to wait in line on Monday for Liza Belle!

Eric and Jenny said...

Breanne I love your blog, I am so glad you have one!

Thanks for all you did for Luke these last few weeks, I have so enjoyed having you over, what a sweet girl you are. Good luck with the baby, I am so excited to see pictures of her. Hope it's okay if I check your blog every now and then.