Monday, August 30, 2010

my time out.

I have taken a little time off from my blog for a while there have been things on my mind but I haven't quite known how to say it.  For the most part I feel overcome with emotion. I am sure everyone feels like this at some time.  My best friend lost her Father to a long battle with cancer a few weeks ago and since then so many things in my life have felt trivial.  Watching her family go through such a trial was, needless to say, hard. Since then I have had another close friend be diagnosed with cancer, lost a beautiful young woman to a car accident, and just now finished helping a friend put together fliers for a benefit run for her sister in law with stage 4 melanoma.  My heart breaks for all of these people going through such devastating trials.  I cannot dare to understand their pain.

I look at my life my beautiful baby girl, all of her love, giggles, and small but monumental accomplishments.  I look at my husband who works hard for our family and loves us so much.  He is a good man.  I have such a supportive, loving family and friends all around me.  I truly am blessed.  Amidst all the pain in the world I have been able to see so much happiness and peace. I have also recently been lucky see friends and family enter into eternal marriages, enjoy new beautiful babies, witness the love and strength that families can provide even in times of grief.

I feel afraid in so many ways, I feel afraid to blink that I may miss out on a moment, that I may miss a last I love you.  Time feels so fragile to me right now.  The reality of our mortality is overwhelming me.  I want to carry everyone I love around with me in my pocket! I want to watch my baby sleep at night and cuddle my husband.  I want to enjoy every moment because I know this life is short.  I want all the wonderful people in my life to know I am grateful for them and that they matter to me.  I am grateful for the gospel to help give me perspective and hope that this life is not all we have.

I am sure the intensity of my emotions will fade and I will go on with my life but just for a moment I needed to slow down and prioritize. Life is what is its, sometimes good sometimes bad, I just hope I can make the best of my life, my relationships, my family, my testimony...my everything.

11 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

im so sorry that you have had to deal with so much lately. i had no idea. thank you for your testimony though. its a reminder again that i need to be thankful for the little things and let everyone know how much i love them. life changes so quickly and you never know where its going but its comforting to know that Heavenly Father does have a plan and we will all be reunited one day. love you! your such a wonderful friend!

sam and kyrsten said...

im so sorry that you have had to deal with so much lately. i had no idea. thank you for your testimony though. its a reminder again that i need to be thankful for the little things and let everyone know how much i love them. life changes so quickly and you never know where its going but its comforting to know that Heavenly Father does have a plan and we will all be reunited one day. love you! your such a wonderful friend!

sam and kyrsten said...

woops sorry i left that twice

Taryn said...

Bre I just want you to know that without you I couldn't have gotten through the last month. You embody what a true friend is and should be. I will always cherish our friendship and how it has helped strengthen both of us during tough times. Life is fragile, but it is also wonderful. We must live each day to the fullest and with out regrets. It doesn't mean hard, sad things won't happen, but it means we can take them as they come knowing we wouldn't change anything in life. I just hope you are feeling some of the peace my family and I have felt, and that more importantly I can be the kind of friend you are to me in return. I love you!!!

Clarice said...

I feel the same way when I am faced with situations that remind me we are all only here for a short time, some shorter than others. It does make me so thankful for the gospel, family, and friends, but I definetly want to shut everyone in the house and just stay with me!!

katyvee said...

Oh you beautiful girl with such beautiful thoughts!
Thanks for sharing...

Brynne said...

Well said Bre.

Clements Family said...

Bre, what a great post. How important it really is to cherish each moment. Love you!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

This is Brody (not Stacey)... I don't want to embarrass you, little sis, but I'm so glad my little bro married you! You have such a big heart. We all adore you and that daughter of yours...It starts with a "B" Brielle, Breanne, Brody, Brenna, Baylor...it's one of those, I forget which one.

Leslie said...

Thanks for this. I needed to read this post today. I love you!

Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends BreAnne. You have such a sweet spirit and way about you. Sometimes it takes these kind of events in our lives to remind us what what is really important.