The first day we headed out in the rain to the Mystic Seaport. Due to the rain we made a very fashionable purchase...the poncho.
The Seaport is a small area that reenacts the life of a fisherman in America during the 1800's. It was really interesting to see how things were done at that time. The things they were able to craft with out tools are incredible.
After we were there for a few hours it cleared up and it was the most beautiful scenery!
The next day we were joined by Taryn and Stella. Brielle was very excited to see her BFF :) We went to a fun grocery store called Stew Leonard's. It's basically an entertainment show with groceries on the side. It holds the world record for the largest dairy store.
We also went to the beach that is about 5 minutes from Shelley's house. I cannot believe she lives so close to such a beautiful place!
The next day we took the train into New York City. We were a bit of a spectacle for having 3 young Mom's with 3 small children but we didn't let that stop us! We saw and did so much I can't write it all. I already can't wait to go back and see more of the city. Here are a few of my favorite stops in the city.
Grand Central Station.
Pushing the strollers up steep hills in Central Park.
We went to the Museum of Modern Art...we didn't get it.
Times square.
The last day we went to a picturesque little town in Connecticut for some fall fun. New England has the most beautiful fall season so I was glad to get to see it.
The best part of the trip was spending time with such wonderful friends, it was also so fun to see our kids all together. We had so much fun, made so many good memories, talked and laughed.
Shell and Tar, I'm so glad I could wear poncho's with you (that do conveniently tie around the neck), share a room with 2 crying babies, eat pizza slices bigger than our plates, shove 3 huge strollers on train, run through New York looking for an elevator, learn to make bread, stay up talking till late into the night till we get the giggles...love you gals, can't wait to do it again soon.




12 comments:
I am glad the red curtain pic made an appearance :)
Such a great time! Love you girls more than the MoMa and Bring It On combined!
Ah! Looks like SO much fun! But I know Big D missed you two. And he might have left the house a bit messy...haha! Thanks for letting me borrow the book. And I love your green argyle cardigan. So, so cute! You are a babe.
Aw, that looks like it was so much fun! (And I love the comment about the art museum - HILARIOUS!) :)
How fun! What a great girls trip. You all look beautiful and your kids are darling!
Loved it! We really did have a fabulous time, did we!?! I can't wait till you come again. I'm so glad the creators of those ponchos put a convenient tie around the hood...what would we have done? "You've been touched by an ANGEL!" That's how I felt when I realized there was a tie. I love you gals so much!
looks and sounds like so much fun. i am loving taryns face in the picture of you guys pushing the strollers! brielle looks so big next to the pumpkin! glad you guys had fun!
What a fun adventure! Looks like you had a great time. I remember being in NYC with baby Spencer and thought we were going to be on the front page of the New York Times or something the way people reacted to seeing a baby!! They must've really gone crazy seeing 3 of them all at once!
Were you amazed at how great the people in NY were though? I sure was! I had anticipated crowded streets, with people rushing by, in a hurry, knocking into you with their shoulders, etc., but instead I found that people are genuinely good most everywhere you go! I never heard so many "God bless the baby!" comments as I did in the NY subways :)
Oh my goodness...what a fun trip!!! I want to go to NY so bad! You have such great friends!
HOW FUN!!!!! And I agree about the Museum of Modern Art....weird. :)
I love the picture of Brelle shoving her hand in Stella's mouth. Only a BFF would let her do that :)
You are so cute, awesome and wonderful. It's no wonder you have such great friends.
Fun times BreAnne. Your baby is adorable. I love the picture of her by the pumpkin. Love it! I'm very jealous you got to take a such a great trip.
Post a Comment