Thursday, November 1, 2012

8 months

Bode Boy.
Oh how we love you. 

This past month's milestones weren't extravagant but they were memorable non the less. Here's what he did at 7 months: 

 One thing we realized is that this boy loves to eat! He wants to eat anything he can get his little hands on. He started powering down all types of baby food. He must be a growing! He still loves bananas but will eat anything we will feed him. 

 He got his first hair cut. You wouldn't believe he needed one! 

 He became a good, strong sitter. We gave up carrying the car seat and started letting him sit in the cart. He just looks so big. He really seems happier the more independent and mobile he becomes. Stop growing so fast Bode! 

 One thing I have noticed about this boy is he doesn't really have much of a learning phase. When he learns/does something new he just does it. I remember when we started putting Brielle in the cart at the store, she would get tired and start to slouch over or lay back. Not Bode he sat up the whole time like he had a done it millions of times before! I think he just wants to be big. 

 He still was a mover. Scooting and rolling around constantly but he started to try to get up on all fours and attempt crawling. He would usually end in a face plant but he tried so hard! 

 Derek and I went to Park City for the weekend so we were getting him ready to go when he decided he no longer took a bottle. It ended up being ok and he took it but he gave me a run for my money trying to get him to take the bottle for several days with no success. I'll take it as a sign that he is already a mama's boy! 

 Sleeping hasn't improved much. Still waking up and having to cry it out during the night. It will get better (I hope).

 He started to really respond to Brielle. If she laughs he will laugh, which makes her laugh...and so on, which makes us all laugh!! I love them together so much.

 He is a good boy with a fun personality. But really, he's already 8 months? Where is time going???

Here's a little caption on the photos. This football photo is getting extremely difficult! He is just too curious and will not hold still for anything.

"I can't smile mom, I am working on something."


"Got it"

Picture me trying to get a picture but him flipping over instantly.


"Now I'm happy!"

So there you have it. 






No comments: