This past month has been great with our little man. He is just coming more and more into his own and is just so fun to be around. One thing I have learned about this boy is that be loves to be big. Entirely all of his firsts from this past month involve him getting bigger much more quickly than I would like!
He had eaten rice cereal a few times before but I wasn't very consistent because purely due my own laziness. When I took him to his 6 month check up my doctor informed me that I couldn't put it off any longer so I buckled down and added the rice cereal to our consistent routine. He did fine with it at first but then it seemed like he forgot how to use a spoon, forgot how to swallow and thought that nothing should stay in his mouth. I was really confused because he was more than ready, grabbing at any food in front of him and making chomping motions with his mouth. We decided to do a little experiment, I tried giving him banana's and he gobbled them up just as quick as I could feed him. The rice cereal was just not cutting it! He wanted real food, so we went with the banana's. We added pea's and carrots which he would not eat without banana's mixed in (gross huh). It took a few weeks but he is past the picky phase and will eat anything we will put in front of him. Which I am sure will continue to add to this growing too fast thing that I am not very happy about!
He started sitting up. He loves being able to sit up and see what is going on and play with his toys.
He loves nursing. He loves it so much that he is starting to refuse bottles. Ahh! I had better figure this one out quick!
He's really only sleeps good in his bed, correction, pack and play. Which is currently in uncle Logie's closet. The joys of living in your parents basement! (just an update, they have not even started on our house, so that's awesome)
He sleeps from 9-9 but is still waking up once and sometimes twice in the night, I don't need sleep, right? He takes a short nap in the morning and a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.
This is how he was sleeping one night. Does NOT look comfortable.
He loves bath time. As soon as he hears the water filling up he starts kicking his legs and pretty much doesn't stop until he gets out.
He can't stand to be on his back. Within 1 second of being set down he will roll onto his belly.
He loves his sister and giggles at everything she does. If she is in the room his eyes are glued on her.
We introduced him to the Aggies. When we first got to the game he wasn't sure how he felt about the screaming fans! He got used to it though and did great for the rest of the game.








1 comment:
I love this boy. I wish he and Wes were growing up side by side. I hope one day. I need pictures. I love reading about him, but it's just not cutting it. Have you heard about Windows Live Writer? Wait, you have a Mac. Could you still download it? It will change your blogging life. Ok. Love you. Miss you.
Post a Comment