Monday, August 18, 2008

GO USA!


I have to admit that I have had an obsession with the Olympics! I am tired every day because I have to stay up to watch every last second.  It is just so unbelievable that people are really that talented.  I got hooked while we were in Ohio, I missed one of Michael Phelps races, the first relay with France and was so mad I missed it that I vowed I would not miss any more "historic" events and I am proud to say that so far I have met my goal! Whether or not that is something to be proud of...I'm still deciding. 
I have been pretty much mesmerized by the gymnastics.  I think it is so amazing that people are that strong, flexible, and most of all brave! I may or may not have teared up when Nastia and Shawn took gold and silver in the all around.  Of course Derek was just rolling his eyes saying I can't believe you are crying about this. I told him he must not be a true american.  

So anyway..GO USA!!


2 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

Breanne, It's ok, I cried at that medal ceremony too. It's very touching and exciting!!!

Kim said...

I'm with you Breanne. It's so exciting to watch people who are so accomplished at their sport. I