I managed to survive my first week of school! After my first class, I really wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle it, but things let up after that. My first class was a class that is taught in sign, not a class that teaches sign language just the entire discussion of the class was in sign. I don't know much sign at all, in fact the only sign language class I took was 4 years ago! To help you understand how I felt it was like a baby trying to keep up with a college discussion yes it was embarrassing. I can look on the bright side though, I did drop the class for now, till I can be a little more fluent in the language then I will try again. Other than that I am really excited to get back into the student groove. I am excited to start learning some new stuff!
The weird thing about starting school now is that it is 100% different than starting school any other time. No new clothes, no new back pack, or pencils...and I was so nervous! I'm not sure why but I was having butterflies about my classes. A new adventure I guess.
Some other things going on in my life is that I quit my job at Up to Three. I really liked working there, in fact working there is what helped me decide I wanted to go back to school. My plate was getting a little too full so I had to let something go. My last day was on Friday. I felt so much better when I left so I am sure that I made the right choice.
On another note, this weekend my family and Derek's family went on a camping trip. Yes both families together. It seems to be turning into some type of tradition, since we have done it 2 years in a row now. We had a great time...and then the rains came down. It started raining around 3 or 4 yesterday and did not stop till this afternoon, so you can imagine by the time we got home we were pretty much soaking wet. We woke up this morning to water dripping on our heads and a big puddle of water on the floor of the tent. It made a good memory though and we really did have fun.
I just have one last thing because this post is getting entirely too long to think that anyone would really read it, but just incase any of our friends didn't think Derek and I were crazy, I guess I am confirming it. We got another dog. Her name is Fancy, she came from my parents. You could say she is a rescue dog. haha Mom that is for you. So now we are freaky dog people. We have 2 dogs in a 1200 sq ft home, with no grass. Please don't judge me.
15 comments:
Breanne, you are so awesome! I admire you so much. Going back to school is a brave thing to do. I like your first day of school picture too. I bet you have one of those for each year too.
Too bad about the rain. It's a camping trip you'll never forget though.
Side note: We saw the latest Batman Movie. We liked it too. It's very intense. I can see why it kept you up at night.
T and I saw Mamma Mia yesterday. Great movie: we sang all the way home. If you haven't seen it yet, it's a good one. I think you will like it.
Love ya!
Yay for the first week of school. I struggled this year, I wanted to go out and buy supplies, but no school going people here, so I settled and just bought 4 packs of crayons for Carter to use over the next year.
Oh and I don't think you are too crazy...our neighbors have 3 huge labs and they live in a 1300 sq foot home with a walkway of a backyard. For now, you just have a dog a piece! Love ya girl.
I have never seen your dogs and I can't believe they are so big!!
Your bunco invite it printing as we speak! Yes let's play this week. FOR SURE!
Hey! No, I didn't get your text...and no Karyn doesn't live in Logan she actually lives a few streets down from me!@ What did your text say? I LOVE your first day pic.....so cute bre.
Wow! I had no idea you were quitting Up to 3. Good for you, getting more schooling in. I told Spencer to say hello to you in class for me!
I won't lie. I'm kind of upset there is a link for the "Smart Family" on your page and it's not us. What are you going back to school for girly??
Yes we're back-and we are SO happy about it. Chase just barely told me that he saw you as I was reading your blog. I've always wondered what grad school learning would be like-are the classes kind of run the same way just much harder? Anyway, way to be brave and just do it! About your dogs, they are way cute! Isn't it funny how they totally become your kids? Penny got spayed yesterday and she is just like a sick kid. When she's better we need to get together and our dogs can play! Glad to know you guys are doing great!
You're first day of school picture is so cute! Good Luck!
Yea for you going to school! I really am impressed that you are doing that! It is a hard thing to do when you are married...just make sure you don't have kids until you are done!!!
I totally want to scan your kindergarten first day of school picture and post it on my blog! If only I wasn't soooo unorganized and I could find it quickly! You are a fabulous student and will do wonderfully in the program. Camping was a blast! Even with the rain. Derek's family is fun and I'm glad we have this new combined family tradition. I hope that we are able to continue it for a long time. Carry on my student!!!
Bre: I forgot to mention your dogs. Fancy has grown up cute. It looks like your other dog is giving her the spotlight...for now. Good luck with all you have to do!
it was so good to see you! i love you. have a good week :)
Breanne! I found your blog from Taryn's and had to say hi. We miss you a ton, and all your cute little kiddos still love you to death. I hope school is just getting better and better. You're going to be great in that field for sure.
I hope everything's going well!
Elise Peterson
So it has taken me forever to get around to putting a comment on here! Sorry- I've been blog-stalking you for a while. Hope school is going well and not being too overwhelming!:) Which e-mail address should I send an invite to our blog? It is davidcleverleyfamily.blogspot.com. My e-mail is davidandstaci@gmail.com- let me know so I can send you an invite. And just so you know- we just announced that we are expecting number two. Yep. Shock and excitement and crazinesss all balled up into one. I never have been able to lead a calm life. At least this is a good kind of crazy!:) Anyway- hope all is well!
Hi Bree, This is Grandma H. Love your new house. Good luck in school. Love you lots!
Love,
Grandma H.
Post a Comment