I found this little poem, "I like the taste of turkeyAny time throughout the year But it never seems to taste as good As when Thanksgiving's here. Could be it's all the trimmingsThat are cooked with it to eat-But I think it's eating at Grandma's house That makes it such a treat!" ~Author Unknown. It's funny because I think it is so true! I have so many memories of thanksgiving with my cousins at our grandparents. I remember during the prayer we would all be laughing our heads off. There is something about trying to keep 20 kids under 10 quiet, not possible. We would always be trying to put food in people's drinks with out them noticing. I also remember having to eat weird things like yams and beats, things we never ate any other time of year. No wonder we wouldn't try them! But really the best part about thanksgiving is getting together with all of your family, and remembering the things that are most important in our lives.
Dereks family has a thanksgiving tradition to go into the mountains and cut down your Christmas tree. We celebrated early with his family this year. Our tree is sort of Charlie Brownish, but its the memory that counts right! Derek apparently is making it his tradition to wear his cowboy hat, who knows? Oh yes, both the 4 runner and the dog had to be in the picture, our most prized possessions.
8 comments:
Hey Breanne, I found your blog through Loree. I will have to get your email sometime to add you to my blog. I love the tree.
Super cute. Your family sounds like ours, can you really ever get anything into someones drink without them knowing?
Breanne! I found your blog a few weeks ago (don't ask how, I really have no clue!?!) but I wasn't sure if you used it anymore. It's so good to see that you are doing so well and are so happy!! Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Breanne, I am so glad you found me!! You look too cute! How are things going? where are you at? Keep in touch!
I wish you were coming here with the rest of D's fam!! But either way I get too see you in 2 WEEKS!! Can't wait. Love ya and have a great Thanksgiving!!
Fabulous tree...I love the poem...it was always fun going to Grandma's and having thanksgiving with all the fam...that is one thing I miss being an adult!
Happy Thanksgiving. The tree is adorable, and I LOVE the purple Toyota!!! Love you, Mom
haha. well thank you and you guys look so so adorable!!! so when can we see each other again, its been so so so long!!! lunch?
Post a Comment