Monday, January 19, 2009

Nothing New

I usually try to wait to post till I have something worth writing about, but with my life being as exciting as it is... nothing came up. So while I was thinking about how nothing of note has happened in my life over the past 3 weeks, I wondered what have I been doing then? Here we go...

-School started again, I don't have much homework yet but it has seemed overwhelming already!
-Planet Beach, as most of you know I manage a spa in Logan, with 10 young college age girls working for me, you can imagine there is never a dull moment.
-Freezer meals. A group of my friends make freezer meals each month and trade with each other. I made a really good recipe this month, its called taco casserole.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups TACO BELL(R) HOME ORIGINALS(R) Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
2 Tbsp. TACO BELL(R) HOME ORIGINALS(R) Taco Seasoning Mix
6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese

Brown meat with onions in large skillet on
medium-high heat; drain. Add salsa, beans, dressing and seasoning mix;
mix well.

ARRANGE 3 tortillas in single layer on bottom of 13x9-inch baking
dish; cover with layers of 1/2 each of the meat mixture, sour cream
and cheese. Repeat all layers. Cover with foil.

Line 13x9-inch baking dish with foil, with ends of foil extending over
sides of dish. Assemble recipe in prepared dish as directed. Cover
with foil. Freeze up to 3 months. When ready to serve, heat oven to
400ºF. Bake, covered, 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake an additional 15 to 20
min. or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted. Let
stand 5 min. before cutting to serve. To decrease the baking time,
thaw casserole in refrigerator overnight, then bake, uncovered, 45
min. or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted.

We have a blog, it doesn't have this months recipes up yet. www.itsinthebagcooking.blogspot.com.
Let me know if you want more info on how the meals work. It is so convenient, and saves me so much time cooking! I would totally recommend it.
-Primary. I just got called to teach Sunbeams, which I love. I think I went a little overboard with my lesson last week but the preschool teacher in me just can't help it!
-My shows. Now this is something I am not to proud to admit, I refuse to miss, 24, the office, or american idol. I usually only allow myself to 2 shows at a time, but I had to bend the rules. Please don't judge. Thank you Jed and Loree for the use of your DVR to support my habits.
-Boot camp or booty camp (as I like to call it). My friend Shell, gave me a month of boot camp at the sports academy. She is the instructor (also 9 months prego) and she is killing me! its 3 times a week, and after every time I am dead. I love it!
-Samson. I have been religiously working with him on a new trick a few times a day. It is the army crawl. Its pretty funny.

All the rest of my time is filled with Derek, a few friends, and sleep. So that is what I've been doing, no wonder I haven't had time to blog. (because I've been watching TV, now that's embarrassing)

10 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

I might need you to tell me more about these freezer meals. I don't mind cooking, but it takes SO much time which isn't easy with Jaden.

I also need to come tanning. Josh is being a butt about watching Jaden so I can though. BOO!!!

Taylor Smart said...

It was sooo fun to have you guys come up and see us!! I hope you liked the Gardens!! Love ya miss ya too

-t

Brynne said...

Thanks for the recipe, if I ever make it into the kitchen I'll have to try it, it sounds tasty! :)

Taryn said...

I am glad you put up the blog for the freezer meals. I got your email of the pics...haha that was a LONG time ago. I miss you too and had a dream about you last night that you were WAY pregnant and had been lying to me the whole time. HaHa. I wish I was there to do Shell's boot camp. I can't believe she is still going strong! She rocks. Peace. Love. COME VISIT ME!!

Kim said...

Breanne, I love the office too. It cracks me up because I work in an office and it's sometimes very similar. We had a boss just like Michael last year. Her name was Barb and she would wait to go to the bathroom until she was on the verge of an accident, then she would run full on to the restroom. I could go on and on, but I'm really glad she's gone, because I got really tired of looking at her boobs every day. (That should tell you something about her.)

Kim said...

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the recipe. It sounds yummy. I am going to try it. Do you have to use that specific kind of sour cream, or can you just use "sour cream." The hardest part about fixing dinner is trying to think of what to fix!

sam and kyrsten said...

taryn would say peace love come visit me... we all know its peace love pole vault though

Heather Zwygart said...

You are so cute I loved reading about what your doing! Thanks for posting that recipe. I think I'll have to try that!!

Andi said...

So glad you watch American Idol too. Best show ever. I have a secret crush on Ryan Seacrest of all people. We should all get togeth and watch 24

Aggie Fam said...

Keep gathering recipes, I will need to try them in the new kitchen! It is fun that you are trying so many new things. So far everything that I've tried that you have made has been so yummy!