Monday, March 29, 2010

March Madness

We have had a lot going on this month and it has flown by. I need to get better at enjoying the moment because sometimes I feel like I am wishing for the next season, next week, next vacation, etc and I forget to enjoy it and before I know it that precious time has past.

March felt crazy for some reason but here are a few of the things we did...

We celebrated Derek's 30th birthday.  I surprised him with a real ski day, meaning not with me (because when he goes with me he is just waiting while I inch my way down the mountain). He went with my little bro  Logan and my cousin Ty, then we  had dinner with friends.  All Derek really wanted for his birthday was to hold his baby, it looks like that is all she wanted too.



We celebrated my birthday.  I hate that my birthday comes right after Derek's because he always does something better for me than I did for him.  He surprised me with a party and a road bike.  Since my triathlon last year I have been wanting one.


We also were able to see one of my best friends from Ohio, Taryn.  She had a baby 8 weeks after me and we finally got to meet her baby Stella.  We are forcing our children to be best friends so it was an important first visit :) I think they hit it off, too bad they won't be able to remember it!


We also celebrated my Mom's birthday.  I love my Mom so much.  Since I don't have any sisters my Mom and I have always been really close.  She is a great example to me.

And now here we are at the end of the month.  Our darling baby is growing and so much fun,  I am constantly amazed by our love for her.  Derek and I are both a year older (and wiser) and I will hopefully be getting in great shape on my new bike.

And just because I can't help myself, here are some fun pictures of the babe.

First time swimming.

Gearing up for the summer, I got her a pool hat and sunglasses, oh so cute!


We also tried out the Bumbo.  She is still a little too small for it, but she is just so funny.  I will miss her little bobble head!


Now we are ready for April :)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

VERY cute! And what an awesome birthday gift! You guys are going to have so much fun with little Brielle this summer!!!

Clements Family said...

Sounds like you guys had great birthdays! I thought about you on yours;)
Love Brielle's swimsuit! So stinkin cute!

Brynne said...

Yay for a new bike!!! Let's go for a ride!

Eric and Jenny said...

Happy late birthday! It's fun learning new things about you, I ddi not knew you like triathalons, that is very inspiring! Have fun with your new bike and that Brielle sure is looking darling and oh so big.

Kim said...

These are such cute pictures of your baby. She will love that bumble chair when she is a little bigger. She will be up where she can see what is going on. Tell Derek Happy Birthday! I didn't realize his birthday is in March too! Derek, you, your Mom, etc. March is a busy month. Have fun with your bike! Love ya.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Happy B-day to you both! Ya'll have way cooler birthdays than Brody and me, and get awesome presents. Oh yeah, that's because we are dirt poor. By the way, that is one of the reasons we cancelled our cruise $$, plus Brody has to retake a board exam and needed more time to study. Anyways, super cute post and I'm sure Stella and Brelle hit it off great and will be such good friends.