Monday, May 10, 2010

Has it been a month already!

When you have a new baby there are lots of first as I am sure many of you know...

Here are somethings that happened in the 4th month of Brielle's life that I want to remember.

Lets start with the {not} so happy...

Baby shots.


Worst poopy ever, seriously.  Now the only reason I am documenting this is because every time Derek changes her diaper (for which I am so grateful for, this is not a complaint) he claims it was the worst ever.  Oh no I for sure take the cake for that one, I have proof.



Now to the good stuff...

Sleeping in her crib in her room.  (4/6)

She started eating cereal.  (4/12)

She turned into a wiggle worm and started rolling.  (4/21)

And She also started holding her bottle.  At first I thought it was an accident but she keeps doing it, it really is so cute.  (4/24)



The 4th month flew by and now we are enjoying our busy 5 month old.  She is loving her toys.  If she doesn't have a toy she chows on her feet.  She always wakes up happy and sleeps like a {dream}. She loves to make sounds and has a surprisingly loud squeal.




I celebrated my first Mother's day.  Being a new mother I have just recently been able to more fully realize what my wonderful Mom and all the mother's before me have sacrificed for their families, which I will forever be grateful for.  More importantly I have realized the sacredness of womanhood.  I am so lucky to be surrounded by such strong influential women.  Every woman whether they are a mother or not have the ability to affect people around them.  I hope to be able to be worthy of this sacred calling in my life.

I did get a few Mothers days gifts that I want to remember...heart shaped pancakes from my sweet hubby and most importantly baby gave me #2 in the bath tub for the first time.  Best gifts ever :)

11 comments:

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Oh my goodness, that picture in the tutu with her big eyes and open mouth is adorable. She's too cute! It's so fun to hear about everything she is doing. I can't wait to see her again soon, which reminds me I need to start packing.

Taryn said...

Isn't it sad how much baby poo consumes our lives? I think it is. She is getting so big! Stella was trying sooo hard to roll last night. It was too funny. I wish she was sleeping as well as Brielle...I feel like she is regressing in that area the last week or so..ahh! Oh well, she is still cute. Glad you had a great Mom's day. You are a wonderful mommy. Can't wait to see you guys!!!!!!!

katyvee said...

Oh that picture on her belly with that 'What Up??' face makes me laugh! PRECIOUS. Love hearing about your adventures in motherhood.. down to the blown-out onsies. (You're aware that is officially referred to as a blow-out, right?) Jesse's most memorable poop was a projectile one at a park I remember. It shot up my arm and onto my bracelets!
I'm glad you're documenting hers.. Come by and see me with that sweet baby.. Sophie would eat her up! (After sanitizing, ofcourse!)

sam and kyrsten said...

look at those pictures! and her beautiful blue eyes! breanne she is adorable! love all the poop too! :)

Leslie said...

She is adorable! I'm so glad you had a great mothers day, what a special one!

Heather Zwygart said...

What a doll she is growing up so fast! I'm glad your enjoying every minute! Love the picture with the great big smile! So cute!

Eric and Jenny said...

That is definitely the worst explosion I have ever seen out of a diaper, don't you just love those. Katelynn is fabulous with those as well, we have ruined way too many outfits in the last five weeks. She is darling and getting so big, I love the pictures.

Aggie Fam said...

So so fun. You are an awesome mommy! Not only am I impressed by her ability to fill a onesie, I am also impressed by your ability to get them clean again! I love every picture. I can't believe how time is flying by! Love you!

Leah said...

Wow she is such a doll! I love her expressions! Its true, baby poop consumes us. I am always texting Chase his pooping schedule and when it explodes and when Beck pees on me...Moms are weird I guess. Anyway, Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Kim said...

Happy Mother's Day Breanne. It's good to hear you had a good day. Enjoy these times because she will be big and grown before you know it. People used to tell me that, but I didn't really appreciate it until it happened to me. Love you!

Kim said...

Oh yea, don't you feel that holding her for her shots seems like a betrayal? That is hard.