This year Easter was different for us in a few ways. One obvious way is that Brielle is getting big enough for us to start getting excited about holidays which really is so fun. She gives us a lot of purpose in life and that is the best thing anyone can do for you.
The other way Easter seemed different to me was that I felt this year, more than usual, the real meaning of Easter was so joyous to me. Even now, thinking of the words "He is risen" brings tears to my eyes. I feel so blessed to believe that Jesus Christ atoned for us and was resurrected. Their is no greater blessing in life than this because it is what allows our families to be Eternal.
I love the Prophet President Monson and his words are so powerful and touching.
"My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: “He is not here: for he is risen.” 17
He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory! 18
As one of His special witnesses on earth today, this glorious Easter Sunday, I declare that this is true."
Read more Here
"It is the celestial glory that we seek. It is in the presence of God that we desire to dwell. It is a forever family in which we want membership.
Of Him who delivered each of us from endless death, I testify He is a teacher of truth—but He is more than a teacher. He is the exemplar of the perfect life—but He is more than an exemplar. He is the great physician—but He is more than a physician. He is the literal Savior of the world, the Son of God, the Prince of Peace, the Holy One of Israel, even the risen Lord, who declared, “I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father” (D&C 110:4).
“Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: ‘I know that my Redeemer lives!’” 2
Read more Here
I am grateful to know these things. It was a truly Happy Easter.
Here are some pictures of our Easter Memories.
The Easter bunny left her one M&M in each egg. Opening the eggs kept her very entertained but she was determined to eat all the candy in one sitting.
You have to love Logie's face after being hit with a confetti egg!
My parents planned an egg hunt for that day. When we got to their house there were SO many eggs we had to ask if they were expecting more than just Brielle. Nope. She loved picking up all the eggs while the rest of us watched and enjoyed her every step.
My Dad said she just had to have the whopper eggs that you can lick the outside and make lip stick. I don't know if other people do that, but we always did. So they very carefully (not) applied some on Brielle. Time with family, lots of candy, being spoiled by grandma's, and lipstick...now that is what she calls "Happy Easter".
3 comments:
We totally did the "lipstick" thing with the whopper eggs and it is a tradition I have proudly passed on to my kids. Cute, cute pictures!
Totally cute. I just love your family. Ya'll are adorable! Happy Easter. We'll see ya soon!
Love baby girl, love you guys. She has mastered the little "purse carrying arm" at such a young age. What a girl!
Post a Comment