Sunday, September 18, 2011

Firsts

We had some interesting and memorable firsts this week/weekend.

Brielle coined her new favorite phrases, 
"oh my gosh" & "what the heck"
I guess we are going to have to start watching what we say around these parts.


Brielle also copied her Dad doing something I hope she DOES NOT remember.
Spitting or hucking a loogie as some would call it.  Not attractive for anyone.  Okay maybe a little funny to watch a dainty little girl try it but please no more of that.

I made a roast for the first time in my life.  Why have I never done this before? So easy and even tastier. I feel like a real Mom making a real sunday dinner for my family.  I think I may attempt rolls of some sort this week.  Watch out Martha Stewart.  

I finished a little painting project in the kitchen nook.  I'd have to say I am very pleased with the results.
Phase 1: Put up wood (thanks Dad and Derek) and patch nail holes.
Phase 2: Paint
Phase 3: Finished!!!!


I also did something besides waste time on pinterest.  I actually made one of the things I have been looking at, a crayon holder for the little Miss.



Importantly, we heard our little babes heart beat for the first time.  Lovely.  

Better, I felt the little peanut move.

Best, Derek felt it too.  


6 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats Bre! yea for baby number 2. I hope you are feeling great and that all goes well with the pregnancy. Sounds like Brielle is quite the little sass... wait till she turns 4 :)

Kim said...

Brielle is a cutie. Many more firsts to come. I bet your roast was tasty!

Leah said...

I can just picture her saying those things and spitting, so cute! Hearing that heartbeat is such a relief isn't it? Love it!

Kimberly Miller said...

Wow, what a big week! I love your kitchen nook, it looks awesome! I can't wait to meet that little peanut!

Taryn said...

Love the kitchen! I don't even post sewing ideas on my Pinterest because I am pretty sure there is only a 0.5% chance I will ever even think about completing one. So major props for that one. I love that she has so much attitude. She totally gets that from her dad :)

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Your blog is so cute! This is my blog, I put your fam picture on it! You will have to check it out.