Monday, October 3, 2011

Confessions

There are days when Motherhood is the best thing in the world and there are days when it is still great but hard.  Brielle spent most of this weekend looking like this...





Not much made this girl happy (besides her daddy and her new Buzz Lightyear PJ's).  It is hard to watch your kids be sick. After a few days of this and some sleepless, feverish nights we took her in to the Doc.  She had come down with the croup and a sinus infection.  

In the middle of the night when Brielle's sleep was non existent but the cries were in full force, I found myself thinking of how our lives will change in the next few months.  

Will there be
enough kisses, 
enough hugs, 
enough arms to soothe the cries, 
enough patience, 
and enough time and energy to go around???

To be honest it all began to overwhelm me.   Somedays, I have this idea of how our home will run smoothly and happily and thankfully it usually feels that way but then I realize not everyday is going to fit my idea of the ideal day.  

I don't want to focus on the negative but I do want to remember because I am sure that there will be more days when those feelings of inadequacy sneak back into my mind.  

I want to remember that today is a new day.  Brielle did sleep last night, even though it seemed she wouldn't.  She woke up with a smile on her face and hugs to go around.  I have a husband who helps soooo much,  I am not in this alone. So today I feel like maybe all the tears these last few days weren't that bad.  When this new little one comes and I start to feel overwhelmed, it will pass and we'll wake up happy, ready to try it again.  

3 comments:

Taryn said...

I am so sad Brielle has been sick :( No matter how wonderful being a mom always will be, there still are hard day/weeks and that is ok too. It is just the way it is. And because you love her so much there is no doubt you will love the next one just as much and that love will just keep growing. You are a great mom!!!

Kim said...

I'm sorry that Brielle has been sick. I know it's hard to believe, but before you know it she will be big and you will be remembering sleepless nights much more fondly. Cherish every moment, every hug, every teary eye, this is the best time of your life and it goes too quickly!!!

Heather Zwygart said...

Sorry Brielle is sick that is so hard! But your right it's tough and there are so many rough days. Don't worry you will have plenty of love and hugs to go around. I think we have to have the rough days to remind us how greatful we are for the good days. You are a fabulous mom and you will be even better with the next one!