Sunday, October 16, 2011

Same and Different

There have been some things about this pregnancy that were very similar and some things that are different to pregnancy number 1.  

I have felt pretty much the same - no real nausea to complain about. I had a few minor episodes, usually caused by catching a wiff of the garbage can.  

I did feel more tired this time.  It may just have been due to the fact that I was at home so I could think about my symptoms more rather than just get up and tough it out.  

I got my sassiness back, same as last time.  I hope no one besides Derek has seen too much of that and I hope Derek knows how much I love him and will forgive me :)

I feel like I am showing about the same as with number 1 at this point.  

I've gained less weight so far than last time.

I felt this baby much earlier.  

I am just as nervous and excited this time to have this little one join the family.

I feel a little more prepared in some ways, having {so far} succeeded with number 1. 

 There will apparently be one major difference in the final product of this pregnancy.






The biggest difference will be that we will be coming home with a baby boy this time.  
The biggest similarity is that we will love this baby boy just as much.  



His knees were to his head the entire ultrasound so we didn't get great pictures but we loved all the glimpses we got of our little guy.

Brielle doesn't understand that her world will be changing a lot in the next few months and for now that is just fine.  In the mean time we will be trying to soak up every moment we can with her.  

13 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you posted! I've been waiting!! Boys are... Amazing, noisy, sweet, crazy, and most of all they can take your heart and run with it! You are going to love having a little guy! Brielle will love him too...i promise!

Kristen said...

Oh how fun and what a cute party! You are adorable. Congrats on the sweet little boy to be!

Booth Confessions said...

Yeah congrats! So excited for you! That is so exciting that you will have a boy and girl so next time you have a baby it wont matter because you have one of each! :)

Taryn said...

Yay for little brother! If we ever have a boy you will get to show me the ropes now :) Brielle looks so big and cute in all the pictures. Not sure how you get her to look or smile for the pictures though :)

Shell said...

Yay Bre! I'm so excited to meet your little boy! Wes and Body will be besties, k. I love all the darling things you did for your little finding out party...so cute! I can't believe it's already been almost 2 weeks since you were here. Time passes too fast!! Love you lots and am so happy for you guys!

Eric and Jenny said...

What a fun post, I loved your way of announcing it, so cute and creative.

Congratulations, you will love being able to experience both a girl and a boy. It's so very sweet.

Heather Ashcroft said...

That's so great! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Heidi Madsen said...

Bre, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :) sooooo exciting!

The Sissies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sam and kyrsten said...

we are soo soo happy for you and love you! brielle is darling as always! you look great!

Aubrey said...

Oh, I love boys!! Congrats. And I bet you don't even show because I swear I saw you 6 months pregnant last time around and if I didn't know I wouldn't have guessed!

Heather Zwygart said...

We are so happy for you!!!

Clements Family said...

Wahoo! Congrats on a sweet little boy! I promise they steal your heart.