Friday, October 28, 2011

GRAND-mommy

My Mom or Grandmommy as Brielle likes to call her is a great woman, one of the best around.  Not just because she is my mom, just because it is the truth.  She is a hard worker, good friend, faithful member of the Church, wonderful mom, even more wonderful grandmother and wife.  Really there are too many things to list about her.  The Arizona family trip was all for this great woman, in celebration of her finishing her MBA.  She's quite the smarty pants and, did I mention, awesome ;)  We got to make some great memories due to her accomplishment.

We headed out late friday night because we wanted to get to the Grand Canyon in the morning.  The drive was actually not bad.  Brielle slept just as we hoped and Logie with his college student sleeping habits was up for a long night drive.  

We arrived anxious to stretch our legs.  The long drive was worth it because the views were breath taking.  


One of my favorite things about seeing the Grand Canyon was listening to Logan describe to Brielle how the Canyon was formed.  He told her, "a T-Rex was running around then tripped and fell. This canyon is the imprint of his body in the ground." Forget millions of years of erosion, I like his version better. 

Regardless of the way it was formed, seeing the truly GRAND canyon was very memorable.  

We made it to sunny AZ got some good rest and then were ready for more. 

We enjoyed the lovely Phoenix Zoo.  
The zoo provided lots of entertainment. There were splash pads to be played in, carousels to ride, tunnels to crawl through, stick horses to be ridden, hoops to be whoola-ed, goats to be pet, cows to be milked, of course animals to be seen and lots of fun to be had. 




Brielle loved hanging out with her uncle "woagie".


We soaked up every ounce of pool time we could get in.  Brielle is too brave for her own good.  We talked her into wearing the noodle for some of the time but she made a few surprise jumps in the water with out it around her.  



We had some big kid time at a Haunted house.  Our cousin Kenzie was able to join us.  She and I got some good screams in, oh yes, we did.


Spooky!!!!


We also hit up the aquarium.  I think this may have been the highlight of the trip for Brielle.  She enjoyed all the fish and loved seeing "Nemo" and "Dorie".











All in all it was a great trip.  I was not excited about leaving the 90 degree temps and arriving back home to the 40's but I guess all good things must come to an end. 

Thanks Mom for setting such a great example to us of hard work and dedication and giving us an excuse for a vacay.  
We love you!!!!








4 comments:

Taylor Smart said...

What a cool trip. You all look like you are having a lot of fun! I love the picture of Brielle on the Merry Go 'Round. Cute. I think you're Mom is a pretty amazing woman too. I've known her my whole life and I love and admire her more and more. Love you!

Shell said...

Looks like so much fun, Bre!!! Your fam is so cute and Logan is just a big ball of fun. :) How could Brielle not love him so much? Your mom really is a great woman and it's so neat that she accomplished such a big goal...go Teresa! Love you lots and can't wait to see you so soon!

Clements Family said...

Your momma is a great woman! I am glad she is my aunt! What a great example!
What a fun trip too!!!

Aggie Fam said...

Thanks Bre, you are a sweet daughter. It was a fun trip! Thanks you guys for the nice comments. Love you all! Love Grandmommy.