Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Well its the truth

You know there are some things that you think but you really would just feel bad admitting them? Well I have been having some thoughts like that regarding our baby boy.  

I have been having a hard time getting excited about this baby and I am not sure why.  I feel terrible even admitting this out loud because people dear to me cannot have children and some have even lost children far too prematurely. I realize this little spirit is a gift, even still I can't help how I feel. 

I'm chalking it up to hormones, in some ways I want to remember because if I feel this way again or if one of my daughters feels this way while pregnant they can know I understand and it will be okay.  

I am particularly surprised because it took us about 8 months to get this bun in the oven.  This may not seem long to some but it was long to me.  So after all that waiting why am I not elated??? I just don't know.  

Today though, I had a little break through in my thoughts.



I saw these little things and my heart melted.  They were the first thing I have seen and just HAD to buy.  They were the first things that I saw and pictured this baby boy in.  I have been looking at them all night picturing our sweet boy in them snuggled in my arms. He is good to cook a few more weeks, 16 to be exact)  but I can really start to say, I can't wait for this little one to get here.  He took up some more space in my heart today and I have a feeling he will be taking up more rather quickly.  

8 comments:

Amanda said...

When I found out that our 3rd would be a boy...I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but I was maybe not super excited. I had girls. I knew how to love girls. I knew that I loved being a mommy to my sweethearts. It was really hard for me to picture being a mom to a little boy.

I can tell you that being the mommy to a little man is seriously something special. I can't get enough of his cute little self and I squeeze and squish him and never can get enough. Its such a different, special bond that a mommy has with her son.

Good luck! I know those last weeks can get exhausting especially with a little one running around. Hang in there!

Andi said...

Nothing can compare to the excitement of having your first! And now you know just how much work it's going to be (if you can even call Brielle work :) I felt those exact same things with number two whilst prego. Love ya.

Shell said...

You are so funny, Bre! I'm glad you didn't feel guilty enough not to write this post, because I don't think you should feel bad. You will love this little boy just as much and I think it's just hard to imagine when you have a beauty like Brielle in your house. Those onesies are DARLING and I can't wait to see him in them!

Taryn said...

I think it is just such a different experience with all your other kids than it is with your first. But the closer it gets to them being here and then when they actually are here...really, there are no words to describe how your heart grows to love them so deeply. You will be fine and you will love that little boy to pieces, especially when he is wearing those cute little numbers :)

Chef in Training said...

You are not alone in feeling that way bre! I felt that way too. I think it is different for your first because they can consume all your thoughts. When pregnant with number two, its hard to focus and really sit and connect with your pregnancy because there is a little one running around somewhere that needs attention. It wasn't until we bought our little mans wardrobe that it started to feel real and the feelings of joy and excitement sunk in! I am so excited our little girls and our little boys will be the same ages! Having one of each is SO FUN! And I LOVE those onsies!

Maybury said...

I love the onsies too! I think your thoughts are normal. I felt guilty when I felt that way. I think things will change the closer you get.

Aggie Fam said...

You will love him more and more and be amazed that your heart has that much love to give. You are a wonderful mother! Love the onesies!

Kim said...

Love the onesies too! It will take less than an instant and you will be smitten! There's a special bond between and boy and his mom :).