We celebrated this Christmas holiday and then celebrated and celebrated some more.
Brielle was loving it all so much we were happy to have the repeats and luckily Santa was always prepared with more than enough to please.
This was our first year celebrating Christmas at home in any way since we have been married.
It was fun to have all eyes on Brielle since next year we will have one more to add to the excitement.
Trying to select the perfect gift was so fun this year because she is getting to the age where she gives us great reactions. I still think her reaction to her Tinkerbell PJ's and dolls took the cake.
Overall she seemed to enjoy everything, especially the Buzz costume. That was a make up present from me since she wanted to be Buzz for Halloween but I just couldn't do it. She'll pick her costume forever can't I at least get 2 years, don't judge me.
I was hoping for tears of utter joy on this one...
My friend and I made quiet books together for our little girls. Needless to say it was an act of love because it took FOREVER. Someday she'll appreciate it and until then it will only be for looking at.
Alright she can play with it with under extreme adult supervision.
Spending time with family is one of the highlights of the Holidays and this year there was no shortage of that.
We played in the snow.
We were surprised with a visit from Santa.
Although some were more scared than surprised.
Funny how Santa does that.
We made cookies for Santa.
We all hope Santa has a good immune system because I don't think these were completely sanitary.
We just couldn't get enough of these kids together.
Derek got to enjoy lots of brother time and he as well got to do one of his favorite family activities
ping pong.
Only this time with his side kick.
This was a great Christmas with lots of reminders of how blessed we are.
We hope our families know how much we love them and are grateful for them in our lives.
I realized this year that we won't need to spend a minute trying to teach Brielle about Santa, I have a feeling she'll figure out the man in red. We did however spend time teaching her about the real meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior.
Since becoming a mother, thinking of the Saviors birth is always every emotional for me.
I was particularly touched this year by the song "Mary's Lullaby" by Wanda West Palmer.
Here are some of the lyrics
All mine in your loveliness baby, all mine.
All mine in your holiness baby divine.
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for tonight you are mine.
All mine in your holiness baby divine.
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for tonight you are mine.
O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a king, but tonight you are mine.
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a king, but tonight you are mine.
Words can't describe how I feel about his sacred and humble beginnings. This man born to save us, was wrapped in his mothers arms, and for that night he was her sweet baby boy.
I am glad for the extra thoughts I had of Him this Christmas season
and hope to think of Him more through the coming year.
Merry Christmas!!!


1 comment:
Awesome!
Post a Comment