Time doesn't seem to think it needs to slow down, so here we are and our boy is another month older and, oh, so adorable. I think I have to officially let go of the fact that I clearly do not have a newborn anymore. That is hard because it all went so fast but the good thing about it is that with each day his personality seems to come out more and more and that makes it all worth it because this boy is something special.
This last month had its ups and downs with the little man. Derek and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and went on a little trip to Park City, he had been sleeping so great and the night we got back he was like a different child. He was waking up almost every hour and wanting to nurse. He was actually getting better at the binki but in the night he didn't want anything to do with it. This went on for pretty much the entire month. Some nights better than others but really just a lot of waking up. It was somewhat of a vicious cycle because that led him to be more tired and fussy during the days. The good news is that is all behind us and he is back to sleeping like a champ.
He had some fun firsts this month, he had his first taste of food (that I know of, I am sure grandma and grandpa have snuck him a treat sometime).
Licorice.
He loved it and he needs to give Andi all the thanks for it.
He actually started taking his binki better which has been a life saver at times. He started out the month finding his feet and ended it rolling over from his back to his belly.
He was getting really close and just woke up one morning and has pretty much done it every chance he has gotten since. He had his first big trip this month when we went to Powell for the 4th of July. He was a great traveler. He HATED his life jacket but looked so cute in it and luckily it usually didn't take the rocking boat (combined with a good cry) to long to send him to dream land.
I can tell he is patient because Brielle gives him some pretty rough loves also known as sitting on, hitting, squishing his face, smothering him with kisses, and for some reason making an extremely high pitched sound when she tickles him, but he almost always takes it with a smile. He keeps his little eyes on her. Not much makes me happier.
He loves to try to give me kisses. He will try to grab at my face and smiles while I kiss those big cheeks, which may be my favorite past time these days.





No comments:
Post a Comment