Thursday, August 30, 2012

half a year

We've already had this little man in our lives for 6  months. On the one hand it seems like such a short time but in the exact same second it's as if he has always been apart of our family.

This last month it seemed like we had lots of firsts.
We exiled him to his own room. I would let my babies sleep in my room as long as I could but he figured out that I was so close and wanted to be closer about every 2 hours through out the night.
After many nights of not enough sleep we made the change.
I miss not having him right next to me but sleep is good.
Who knew?

He also started rice cereal last month.  He is getting better at eating it and seems happier with the fuller tummy.  He wants to eat if you are eating. Due to this he has been getting lots of tastes of foods.  If we don't share with him he will just cry and cry. I guess that is why you aren't supposed to eat in front of other people!

He loves to stand.  We got the jumparoo out for him and he just looks so big in it.

He started making some new sounds and rubbing is tongue on his gums.

We gave up on the binki.  It started to just be more of a problem. Every time we would give it to him it would just make him more upset. I wish he would take it but it was for sure not helping.

He became a mover.  He can roll and scoot just about anywhere he likes. Which is great till he's up against the wall or couch.  He has a funny no hands caterpillar wiggle he's been perfecting.

He's pretty content and mellow but his personality is coming out more and more.
His expressions are to die for. When he smiles his entire face lights up.

It has taken us a while but we finally have a good napping routine going.  Lots of time he has to cry himself to sleep which is hard but since I started to just lay him down he will actually take a good 3 hour nap rather than little cat naps, which is nice.

He loves the pool now.  He will squeal and kick his legs the whole time.

His 6 month stats:
15 lbs 4 oz, 10th%
27 1/2 inches, 80th%

I think he takes after his daddy!

1 comment:

Heidi Madsen said...

LOVE your long hair! And your family pictures are purrfect! :) So sweet. Your children are as cute as can be!