Monday, January 14, 2013

Holidays and Traditions

The holidays are marked by traditions.  Even if it is Christmas it sometimes doesn't feel like Christmas just because you don't get to celebrate the way you are used to. My Jensen side has some great traditions that has brought our families very close.  I already am looking forward to that with our future family.  This year Brielle seemed big enough to start to remember things so we tried to do a few things that many families do, but we hope some will become traditions for us in the future.  

We started off our holiday season with Thanksgiving at the Mowers.  We are all in transition phases with moving and growing families, but the Mower/Miller get togethers never disappoint. 

We had lots of cousin time, great food, and even some pool time. 



We were able to get our family pictures taken for a Christmas Card.
Obsessed much??
Yes, I love them.














I don't always love taking family pictures but I do love the end result. This year's pictures did not disappoint, Molly Landon rocks. 
I seriously could put up tons more because I love them all so much. 
 I am going to need a pretty big wall to put up all the family pictures we have had taken over the few short years we have been a family! 


Brielle made a gingerbread house. 

We went to the live nativity. It is nothing fancy but it is nice to do something that focuses on our Savior and his humble beginnings.




Brielle made ornaments.  Many ended up black or pink. My personal favorite was her dark angel.  

Christmas best is always a must.  I get way too much joy out of coordinating my kids outfits. 

We visited Santa.  Brielle asked for a bear with a tutu and a halloween costume???  Boden was just happy that he only had to sit on his lap for less than 30 seconds.  

We taught Brielle the true purpose of bubble bath, making Santa beards.



One of my favorite traditions, the annual Jensen Christmas party.  
Man oh man, there are a lot of us, and I LOVE it. 




 We spent Christmas with my family. Even KC and Austin were with us but the flu bug paid them a visit so needless to say we don't have pictures of us all together. 
Here is our Christmas morning shot.
 I seriously need to stop thinking my phone is a good camera.  
The kids are so blessed with people that love them and got a lot of great gifts.  It is a good thing we are moving because all this loot would not be fitting in our old house! 



We rang in the new year with lots of family and of course lots of fun.  

The little monkey's didn't make it till midnight. 



We packed in as much as we could, 
Derek and I spent a day on the slopes. 

We waited an HOUR to ride the ferris wheel at Scheels. 
(I don't know what we were thinking)

My parents took Brielle sledding, besides the frost bite, she loved it. 

Boden played a wild game of twister.



It was cold, like -20 cold. 
But we know how to bundle up and went to enjoy the ice rink in Newton. 


Who knows what future holidays will bring and what new traditions we will create?
 I'm sure things will change and evolve but I guess the most important thing is that we spend our holidays with the people that matter, celebrating what really matters.  So for the holiday season of 2012, I'd say we did pretty well.  

1 comment:

kimchristiansen said...

BEAUTIFUL family Bre! seriously, inside and out!