I know I talk about time passing too quickly in every post but honestly it is something I can't quite get a grip on. At first I thought things were busier because we had just had the baby, we were moving and that I just needed to find my new routine again and that I would be able to re-adjust and things would slow down. Here I am 10 months later and now I am starting to realize that, that is just not the case. Life is not going to slow down nor am I going to get less busy, more hours aren't magically going to appear in my day, and unfortunately my sweet babies are going to continue to grow up and change more quickly than I would like. I don't think it is something that you ever get used to, and as a mom, I think you are always trying to play a little catch up. Trying to catch up on the laundry, catch up on cleaning, the list just seems to go on and on. The thing is all of that is just fine as long as I am at least not feeling like I need to catch up on time with my family, the rest can wait. So here is my attempt to try to catch up and record some moments.
Brielle is just as sweet as ever. This girl is just a light. Every time she walks in the room she makes everyone in it happier. There is just something about her.
This girl had her first dance recital. I did not know it was possible to feel so proud. The day of her recital honestly felt like Christmas, I had to keep checking myself so I wouldn't stress Brielle out! It was just so exciting to get to watch her and see how much she had learned and how much fun she was having performing. I wasn't a dancer and don't know how I feel about being a dance mom but whatever this girl wants to do, I can assure you, I will be her number one fan.
This picture is terrible because in the process of hunting all day through boxes to find our video camera I completely forgot to grab the regular camera! So this is the best we got as far as pictures go.
I love these pictures though because watching 2 and 3 year olds dance is just about the best thing on the planet. Notice the top picture where no one seems to be doing the same thing. It is entertaining to say the least. They did manage to all do these adorable face together. Seriously it was an overload of cuteness.
Good thing they perform these dances again in the spring so I can redeem myself in the photo taking department.
This beautiful girl turned 3.
For the day of her birthday we tried to do lots of her favorite things, she got her nails shellacked at the salon (which she peeled off that night, awesome). We ate at chicken and fries (chick-fil-a) with friends and family, then we went and saw Brave at the "number 9 house". When we got home Bode gave her, her most desired item, drumroll....a dream light! She was pretty excited.
Bode was excited and extra cute too,
because he just is.
A few days later she had a Toy Story Party and loved it. I kind of love throwing parties and luckily my parents are gems and don't mind the ruckus. I may have over-excitedly encouraged the Toy Story theme but she was Jessie for Halloween and we just really needed to reuse those sparkly red boots!
My cousin Stephanie made this cake. She is obviously super talented. Not only did it look cute, it tasted fantastic.
She had lots of her favorite people over to celebrate. She is pretty lucky to already have such good people in her life.
This girl is getting smarter by the second. Learning is magical to witness. Here is her first real attempt at writing her name.





No comments:
Post a Comment