It is good to take time to reflect on the past because it so deeply affects our future. 2012 felt like roller coaster to me. We started the year with the house up for sell. Cleaning our guts out (at least it felt that way being 9 months pregnant). Looking back I have such mixed emotions about it all. I feel like we both knew we needed to move, but I get an idea in my head and I don't look back. I wish I would have put more thought and prayer into when would be the best timing. Since we have been at my parents house for...much longer than we planned, it would have been nice to have stayed in our home longer. You never can know with this sort of thing though, so here we are still. No sense in regretting, we can't change it but I want to learn from it.
We added our sweet Boden to our family. That was a great addition. Oh, that little man just melts my heart over and over.
Our kids just grew so fast this year. I honestly cannot believe it.
Some moments I am overwhelmed and don't know how I can get through the next few hours but the very next second, I am reminded what a blessing it is to call these little ones ours.
We felt like we enjoyed ourselves a lot this summer. Spent our anniversary in Park City, 4th of July in Powell, Mower Pocatello family vacations, lots and lots of pool days. It was nice. I am a warm weather girl but cache valley just wiggles it's way into your heart. I can't imagine calling any place else home, so I guess I have to enjoy the cold too!
To be honest we had lots of frustrating/disappointing house hunting experiences. We looked and looked and looked for houses. We just couldn't seem to find anything that was really the right fit for us but I promise it was not for lack of trying! Not being in a new house yet I am sure makes all of this harder. I am hoping that once we are in our house it will make all of waiting seem worth it. I really think we are going to love it.
I failed epically at my resolutions last year, so this year I am even more determined to reach them. My main goal was to attend the temple each month. I feel very strongly that to be the kind of parent that I want and need to be, I need the Spirit as my constant companion. These kids are just to precious to me to not use all the help I can get. I want to be better at allowing my Heavenly Father to shape me into the person He wants me to become.
Our main goal for 2013 is pretty obvious, to get settled into our new home. Other then that I honestly feel it is important to just get back to the basics. I want to stop being so busy with silly things, stop checking my phone a gazillion times a day, looking at who knows what. I need to just love more, be kinder, and more patient. I want the people around me to see and feel my love for them through my actions. I really want to nurture my relationships with Derek and the kids ,because as cliche as it sounds, they are my everything and they deserve it.
I'm thankful for everything the past year has taught us and look forward to taking that knowledge with us to make 2013 even better. I'm even more thankful for the great man and children I have by my side through it all.
I already know this year will be full of changes and that is exciting!

2 comments:
I hope you guys can find a home soon! And I agree with you on the phone thing. I feel that I am constantly checking or texting or Pinteresting on that thing. I need to soak in everything I can with my sweet boys.
Let's put the phones away. I'll do it if you do it :)
You handled the unknown of 2012 so beautifully, and I am sure you will face whatever is to come with that same grace. You never complain and that is just ONE of the many things that I love about you! Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment