Monday, January 10, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

 We haven't had a lot going to and it has been nice just to relax after the busy holidays. I can't say we've been enjoying the weather because it is {FREEZING} here in Cache Valley.  My friends and I used to joke that it is secretly the North Pole because I can't imagine a place being colder. I know I have lived here for 6 years (what 6 years!) and I should be used to it but there is no getting used to it. Since we've been confined to the house we have had lots of one on one and it has been exactly what we both needed.  She is getting big faster than Derek and I would like but her personality is growing too and that is exciting.

Here she is with her older and wiser BFF, London.  Brielle loves the neighbors and they love spending time with her too.  London made this 2011 hat at preschool and brought it right over for Brielle to try on.  London also dressed Brielle up in the scarf to keep her nice and warm.  London loves taking care of Brielle and Brielle loves all the attention.

She is starting to understand objects and what they are used for so when she found Derek's hat the other day she put it right on and was on her way.  Of course she wouldn't slow down to let me get a better picture.
This morning she was out playing with her toys while I was in the other room and I heard her start to whine.  I went to check on her and she had lifted the seat of her little car and climbed inside and was stuck.  She started crying when I was taking a picture instead of rescuing her but it was so funny.  I really don't even know how she managed to get in there, it was a tight fit!

We have been throughly entertained by this little darling despite the frigid temperatures and the great thing is this entertainment is free and forever available to us, aren't we lucky!

5 comments:

Leah said...

I'm not jealous of the North Pole this time of year. SLC is too cold for my liking too! Brielle is getting so big. That is so funny that she caught herself in that car! I agree, we are in need of a play date ASAP!

Shell said...

Yay for that beautiful girl! I love her so much and wish we were in the North Pole to play inside with you beautiful ladies. One day...we'll hopefully be closer at least:) I cannot believe she go inside the seat of the bike like that! So awesome! Love you guys!

Aggie Fam said...

Of course, I'm totally happy that she loves the car so much! She is so funny. She just gets busier and busier and absolutely adorable. Kisses from Gma and Gpa J.

Heather Zwygart said...

I agree I hate the weather I'm so tired of it and all I want to do is stay in the house! But you are smart enjoy Brielle as long as you can cause before you know it she will be like Katlyn and you'll be lucky to see her more than 10 minutes a day!

Kim said...

That's a cute picture. When did she get so big? Funny kid.