Friday, June 3, 2011

1.5

The little darling has been around our house for 18 months. Both Derek and I will agree those 18 months have been better than anything we could have imagined.  

Her being 18 months is a nice gift to us actually because that means no more wrestling during church...hooray for nursery!!

Here are some of our favorite things she has been doing lately...

She is VERY into her baby doll.  She has to feed her when she eats, takes her to sit on the potty, makes her change her clothes (which consists of dressing and undressing), wrapping her up in a blanket and giving her a binki then cuddling her. 

I've been asking her what her name is and how old she is because those are the things she gets asked the most.  She has mastered saying that her name is Brielle when asked but every time I ask her how old she is she quickly holds up one finger and says "twooo".  I think she is doing that because every time I show her I say one, so then she does it and says two like we're counting.  So for now she's 2.   I've been working on trying to get a video of it but she doesn't perform too well for the camera.  

We have been saying prayers with her for a while now and she does pretty well.  I'll notice her playing then all the sudden she'll fold her arms and bow her head and start moving her lips. The best part is she furrows her eye brows (just like Derek). Apparently praying is very serious business.  It is cute and also a sweet reminder to me pray more often.  

She has 4 front teeth, 2 bottom and all 4 molars.  And one of her favorite things to do is brush them.

She is the sleepiest baby around.  I know she sleeps a lot but there are days she even surprises me.  Today she woke up at 11 45 (we go to bed late) and then she ate breakfast and went back into her room and was trying to climb back into bed.  So I put her in and she went right back to sleep by 12 15.  She's got the Jensen sleepy genes that is for sure.  

(I've been slacking in the picture department.  But once we're back in Utah, Salli is going to take some 18 month pics for us.)  

Happy half birthday baby girl!!!

6 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

and i love seeing her everyday. she is the cutest little thing! glad you are here!

Booth Confessions said...

Cute! 18 months!! That is crazy! I can't believe she is starting to talk! I hope to see you guys this summer! Love you

Aggie Fam said...

Happy 18 month bday baby girl. Love you so much!

Shell said...

Love her! I can't wait to see you all next month. She really is the sleepiest baby I know...I don't get it. ;-) Love you guys!

Kimberly Miller said...

She's getting so big! I REALLY miss you guys! Great job on the race!

Clements Family said...

She is such a sweet girl. happy 18 months!!