Monday, June 13, 2011

Virginia Beach Bests...at least so far

#5.  Fireflies.  I saw my first firefly last night.  It may seem common to some but to me it was mesmerizing. You better believe I'll be watching for more tonight.   

#4.  Our BFF from the pool.  She's pretty entertaining.  The other day we were getting ready to leave because Brielle needed some lunch and our little friend was like "Lunch? They've got lunch in the club house.  You know the vending machine.  They got doritos, chips, and  honey buns. So if you get some lunch, will you get a honey bun to share with me?" I'm glad I know what qualifies as lunch to a 5 year old.

#3. Warm nights. I love walking outside and not needing a jacket.

#2. Tan lines on Brielle's little feet.  

#1. The Beach.  There is nothing more relaxing than a day at the beach.  The sand, the sun, the breeze, a lunch (by my qualifications, not the 5 year olds), a happy girl and good company.  All that makes for a pretty great day.  

3 more weeks here, yes please :)

8 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

That sounds heavenly you lucky girl!

sam and kyrsten said...

how about 2 more months. will you bring me a honey bun to share to!?!?! :) glad your here!

Taryn said...

How about staying through July 28? Pretty please?! Sounds like a wonderful life, though! And yes, fireflies are awesome.

Leah said...

It sounds so wonderful. Reminders of fireflies and lazy beach days make me miss Virginia sooo much. I love hearing how much others love it too!

Aggie Fam said...

I'm glad you're having such a great time! Love you all!

Andi said...

5 reasons you should leave stinky virginia beach:
1-it stinks
2-cryptosporidium in the pool
3-i'm here
4-sampson..oh wait
5-it is like 60 degrees here. hot dog.

why don't you just think about that the next 3 weeks. maybe we'll see you sooner.

xoxox

Clements Family said...

Oh my goodness...that sounds just lovely!

Elise said...

What?! You are in Virginia Beach??? I live here! Well, technically in Norfolk. What brings you out here for 3 weeks? I LOVE the fireflies! And the beach. I wish I had your number! We could go to the Aquarium or the Botanical Gardens or something fun like that.
I hope you see some dolphins while you are here. We saw a few just a couple of days ago. I just love it here! :)
Hope you have a great stay!