Friday, March 23, 2012

the others.

We certainly have fallen in love with our newest little one but he is not the only one in the miller home. So what else has been going on...
Lets start with big sis.  
She has been doing what she can to figure out this new life of hers.  
You know the one where she has to share our attention.  
It hasn't been picture perfect but I realize we all are trying refigure out our place in this family. 
She has become miss independent.  Brielle do it has become a common phrase in this house. 
Its fun to see her doing so much on her own.  I laughed my head off watching her try to get onto the toilet by herself.  It is admirable that even though I thought it would be impossible for her to get on by herself, she sure didn't see it as impossible and she was going to give it all she could to figure it out.  I did buy her a step stool today so I don't think she'll have a problem with that anymore. 
She is getting so smart.  I thought the amount of TV we have been watching would have been turning her brain to mush, turns out Super Why is really educational!!! Derek and I are so impressed by what she has learned.  Thanks PBS :)
She also can memorize songs after what seems like hearing them once.  It is so cute to hear her sing and she actually can carry a tune.  
She has taken it upon herself to retest every baby item in our house.  The cradle, the baby bath, the binki, she's even asked about nursing (don't worry I veto'd that one). It seems she has given her approval.


She has been having some melt downs lately.  Yesterday I thought someone took my sweet girl and replaced her with a... not so sweet girl, but today she was back to her old self.  I know it is a phase, I just need to be patient.  
I love asking her to smile.  Its a surprise to me what I am going to get as a response!
---------
Derek and I both became one year older and wiser.  
We love our Daddy and hope he had a special day. 


We've been looking and looking and thinking about our house situation.  We don't have a clue what we will do at this point which is causing some stress but I need to have a little more faith that things will all work out.  
----------
As for myself, I couldn't be more pleased with the beautiful spring weather we have been having.  In celebration I got my toes done and wore cute open toed shoes. We spent the afternoon outside yesterday and I got sunburned. I am seriously pasty.  

My big birthday was great.  I was spoiled by friends and family.  Derek took the afternoon off and we just hung out.  It couldn't have been better.

I even got a visit from Shell!! 
Best surprise EVER.



No comments: