Thursday, March 15, 2012

on the hunt.

I know its late and I'm tired but my kids and hubby are all sleeping and I just need a little me time. You know when I'm not Mommy, when I'm just me.  
So tonight that consists of blogging therapy and a little American Idol. (yes I'm still watching it)

I have a lot on my mind at the moment I feel like my life has been turned upside down. 
Yes, we do have a 3 week old baby and a darling but often sassy 2 year old but honestly they have been great and I most the time I feel like we have settled into our new family life pretty well so far.  
I may feel like its a good day when we are all showered and dressed (because at this point this is all I can do before we're all feeling tuckered out!) but I really don't feel overwhelmed.  
In fact, it feels right.

What is weighing on my mind tonight is the fact that we got exactly what we asked for...
we sold our CAR and HOUSE on the SAME day.
I have no idea why I am acting surprised, that is usually what happens when you put for sale signs on things! 
It's just that now it is all real. 

I don't really care about the car, except for the fact that we may be a one car family for a while.  I know people do it all the time but when you are used to being able to go when you want, I'm sure it will be a little weird.  

The house on the other hand is a whole different story. 
I feel like everything that matters about our lives has happened in this house.
Derek surprised me with this house, I literally came here and saw the garage wrapped for me.  
We got our first (and maybe only) family pet, Samson.
We started with hand me down furniture, luckily we've made a few purchases since then :)
I remember the day we both graduated from USU and came back here with our families and ate on a camping table because we had lived here for all of one week. 
More importantly we started our families here. We brought our precious babies home to this house.  We had late nights enjoying movies, our house has become so much more than just a house.  I have MOST of the best memories of my life in this house. 
Something that makes our house even better is the people we live around.  I can say with out a doubt that I am surrounded by some of the most incredible people there are.  This is something I CANNOT emphasis enough.  My neighbors are so much more than neighbors.  Our lives have become so much better from being able to associate with these people and thinking of a summer with out them makes my heart ache.  I know I just had a baby and that makes me cry on command but really this is going to be tough. 

We are now on the house/car hunt.  I hope we find something that we can fall in love with but right now I mostly hope that all of the lovely people in my neighborhood know how grateful I am for them and everything they have done for us. 

 
On the bright side, since I don't have a car I will be spending lots of time enjoying the house before we leave!! So, yes, at the moment I am a little emotional about it all but I know it is the right thing for our family and I know that, thankfully, we don't have to leave all those precious memories with our house.  They will be ours forever and I am so glad for that. 

And just because I can't help myself....
oh, how I love them.

(of course I wanted the baby to be sleeping peacefully for this picture but when begging our busy body 2 year old to pose for the picture you get what you get!)

6 comments:

Dave and Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave and Mel said...

Bre, I feel like I could just copy and paste your blog onto mine. Maybe not word for word....but you know what I mean!!! So happy for you guys and a new chapter in your lives!!! BTW that deleted comment was me, there was typo I couldn't live with!!!

Andi said...

YAY!!! That is great news! (Since I'm not there anymore I can say that :) CARAZY!!!! We are coming up on Monday...I happen to know that might be a special day for you. Let me know if you guys get togeth, I want to give you a big birthday hug! Yay

Aubrey said...

How stressful for everything to happen at once but I'm sure you can expect great things to come along! That picture is darling, by the way.

Maybury said...

How stressful! I am happy for you guys. I hope our house sells soon.

Clements Family said...

Oh my goodness...I can't imagine how you are feeling. Good luck with finding a car and a house! Wish I could come help. You know Bella would love to play with Brielle! And I have two arms for snuggling babies:)