Some things you just need to remember and today felt like a day I need to remember. Warning, this post does talk about bodily functions. Read at your own risk...
Derek left for his annual hunting trip with his brothers today. We love for him to spend time with the boys but hate every minute we are apart. So to brighten our afternoon I took the kids to the pool.
Side note: Brielle is getting so close to swimming. She is so brave. The other day I was changing the babies diaper only to look up and see her already half way up the ladder of the HIGH DIVE. 2 seconds and look were she got.
Anyway, we were enjoying the afternoon and had been at the pool for about 2 hours when the "number 2" incidences began. She frantically told me she needed to go and I could tell it was serious so I ripped her out of the pool as fast as I could just in time to see "it" dribbling down her legs. Sorry logan pool goers. It was quite the mess and took me a while to get cleaned up but we survived. It was pretty shocking and I was totally unprepared because she has only had one accident ever and that was on her 2nd b-day almost 9 months ago. We hopped in the car and were almost home when the belly ache struck again with the second round. Luckily I had put her in a swim diaper so the mess wasn't too bad. We get home and put the little miss in the shower to clean her up and then, oh yes, here comes round 3. So while I am getting the stuff to clean the bathroom I go out to check on the boy and find him having rolled over, leaving evidence, that he too wanted to join in the fun. Diaper explosion to the max, all over the carpet.
At this point I was almost amazed that this was all seriously happening at the same time. Meanwhile Brielle is being hit with round 4, this time, thankfully, she was seated on the throne.
It really could have been worse because despite all the issues neither kid was crying so at least I wasn't dealing with meltdowns during the clean up. I made a quick phone call to a good friend to help me find the humor in the situation and then I got down to business cleaning. The kids not only patiently but happily waited and, just like that, I was reminded that any messy situation is worth it when it comes to these babes. Oh how I love them.
And just because this post was really just TMI here is something to make up for it.
We took family pictures last week and they turned out fantastic.
Derek and I regularly say we wish we could freeze time because we love our little family so much but since we know that isn't possible these family pictures will have to do.
They are our treasures.
Derek and I regularly say we wish we could freeze time because we love our little family so much but since we know that isn't possible these family pictures will have to do.
They are our treasures.
Isn't she a beauty?












3 comments:
Love this post! You are a trooper and I'm glad they weren't melting down for you at the same time. The pictures are perfect. Seriously. Love them all!
Bre the pics are awesome! You guys all look so great, I love it! And that incident makes me stoked to have kids...I think I would have barfed and made it all worse! Luckily they are adorable :)
Oh, poop. Gotta love the mommy hood moments that show us what we are really made of. And LOVE the pictures! You guys all look perfect. Such a beautiful family who I love so much!!!
Post a Comment