I try to do a little update each month for the first year for my kids baby books. It worked out great with Brielle and I have been good at doing it with Boden but I have been realizing lately that I have been listing all of Boden's big changes but haven't been listing Brielle's! It made me sad to think that I won't remember all the funny things she has been doing lately because she seriously is a hoot. I can't even discipline the girl because pretty much every time I look at her I can't help smiling. So here are some things she has been doing lately...
She sings pretty much constantly. She sings real songs, makes up songs, speaks in a sing song voice. Good thing she can carry a tune.
She love to say "always" the reason that it is funny is because she usually uses it in place of already.
She is a swimming fanatic. She jumped in the pool and swam to the edge (holding my finger) for about 2 hours straight today. She wore me right out!
She likes to read her princess board books before naps and bedtime. She has them memorized and thinks she is funny and will say the wrong phrase on purpose and then say "nooo" then say the right thing. It's her first attempts at teasing and it is pretty cute.
She is a bit obsessed at the moment with the movie madagascar. She quotes it a lot and asks to watch it EVERY day.
My favorite thing right now is that every morning when she wakes up she comes in bed and cuddles me. The baby is still sleeping and so it is just time with her and I. I could cuddle that girl all day.
She calls the movie theater the "number 9 house". It does have a 5 on it so at least she knows it a number.
She loves her brother and also loves to pester him. He gets her back though usually with a good pull of the hair.
She still sleeps great and still needs a good nap.
The other day she kept calling the broccoli, Sparkly.
She likes to play with her hair. She will spin it around her finger. She also will put it in a pony tail and then pretend to take the elastic out of her mouth to use. Makes me laugh every time.
She can figure things out. She was talking about time out the other day, I never call it time out. When she is in trouble she has to put her nose in the corner. So when she was talking about it I asked her what time out was and she put her hands up to make a corner and said its when you have to go in the corner.
She is very polite. She always says thank you and always asks if she can do things. When we are in the car and she is tired she asks if she can go to sleep. When we are at the pool, she will jump in and the second her face is out of the water she will ask if she can do it again.
She is a talking smarty pants. She can just go on and on sometimes. I often have to record her because I can't believe the conversations she wants to have. The other day she had a little friend over and she was telling her friend that her grandma reads her stories and scratches her back. She also went on about Derek. It is really fun to hear her talk about the things that are important to her.
Her memory blows my mind.
She calls the lawn mower the moo-lawn.
The other day while I was feeding the baby she came and laid her head on me and said "Mom, I always love you." She sure can melt my heart.
She calls the lawn mower the moo-lawn.
The other day while I was feeding the baby she came and laid her head on me and said "Mom, I always love you." She sure can melt my heart.
She loves all things princess, to play in her room with mom or dad, art projects, practicing her letters, drinking milk, watching shows or playing on our phones, chicken and fries, eating things right out of the garden, and her Dad.
I could go on forever. There is so much we love about her and I don't want to forget any of it because it all is so precious. She is really just the light of my life. Derek and I can't get enough of her. We feel blessed to be her parents.
3 comments:
She is a major cutie. I was amazed at how polite she was the other day. Every time I gave her something, she said thank you! She is a doll for sure :)
Love that Brielle. I miss her. I wish (all the time) she was here to play with Autumn. I know those two would have a good time!
Love that little lady! Her and Stells are too alike for their own good. Kind of like their mamas :)
Post a Comment