We have been shacked up with my parents for over a week now. I'd like to think we are settling in and getting used to our new schedules. We have been making daily trips into "town". The first work day we were here we had, lets just say, several miscommunications that between my parents, Logie, Derek and I, we ended up driving in and out of town a total of 14 times! Gas is so cheap these days, we just felt like wasting some. That is 7 hours in the car. Yep, the kids enjoyed their car seats that day. Needless to say we learned from that crazy day and have been much better.
My parents have been so great about trying to make everything comfortable for us. We couldn't ask for a better situation, even if we are out in the boonies!
The one down side to living out here is that to Brielle, unless you are Grandma, you are now a 2nd rate citizen.
All she wants is Grandma.
I don't blame her because she does get just about EVERYTHING she wants. Before Uncle Logie left for Alaska he was also one of her fav's but now that he is gone, Grandma takes the cake. I swear before we came here I knew how to take care of both my kids on my own but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't taking advantage of the extra hands. The good thing is I don't think my parents seem to mind. I am glad that we have this chance to strengthen our bonds as a family. I am sure there will be some hard days due to the close quarters but I am grateful.
We are all actually loving Grandma these days because she just officially finished her MBA. She has been working on it since we lived in WJ. She has juggled her busy work schedule, being relief society pres, school, and loving on her grandkids, doing it all perfectly. So yeah, we are pretty proud of her.


3 comments:
You look like you fit right in down on the farm! Boden's blessing sounds like it was perfect! He looked so sweet in that little outfit. And yay for Teresa!!! Tell her congrats! Love you!
Bre, I love that Brielle is obsessed with your mom. My kid practically is when he is there, so I can see why. You really do fit right in on the farm. ;-) Congrats to your awesome mom on graduating - -Pass that a long for me. :) Love and miss you.
You guys will find your niche again! It is fun to be so close to family. I am glad you have some extra hands. I am jealous that you get your mom's help. My mommy lives 300 plus miles away!
Post a Comment