Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Blessed

Boden was blessed April 29th.  I was really stressed about the day because we had spent the entire week moving so I really hadn't thought much about it until the day before but thanks to great family and friends everything went very smoothly.  
We blessed him in the outfit Derek and all his brothers were blessed in.  It is simple act but I hope it is the start of our sweet boy patterning his life after his Dad.  
A member of our bishopric commented on the purpose of the baby blessing and declaring his name in the records of the church.  He said that we do that as a way to remember and keep in contact with those blessed in the church.  I know that our Heavenly Father remembers each of us and has created ways for us to never feel forgotten.  





The blessing was very spiritual and it was a reminder to me of the responsibility we have to care for and raise this little boy.  He has an important purpose in this life.  Derek, my dad, derek's dad, KC, Logan, Jason, JD, Grandpa Jensen, Grandpa Harward, Uncle Steven and Mark, and Bishop Isrealson stood in the circle.  The priesthood is a powerful tool and I am so glad we have the Gospel restored today.  









We had so many family members and friends that came up for this boy's special day. Before sacrament started I was overwhelmed that so many people came.  I felt so much love for our little family.  Just knowing that people care about you and love you can influence so much in a person's life and I hope one day Boden will know that he is loved and supported by so many. 

1 comment:

Shell said...

Thank you! He looked so handsome! That outfit fit him perfectly. You looked gorgeous yourself. Wish we could have been there--it really is so special. Miss and love you so much!