Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April 27th

April 27th is apparently a day we like to remember around the Miller house.

April 27th 2007, Derek proposed to me with fireworks up the canyon it was a day full of happy tears.

April 27th 2012, we moved from from our first house.  It was a day full of tears...mostly not happy.
We took this picture just as we drove off.  Its hard to believe that we don't call 64 E home anymore.  It was a great place to live.  We made so many great memories there.

I guess I realized moving would be hard but it was a lot harder than I expected.  It just didn't seem right to say goodbye to that house.  When we first moved in there we had been married for 6 months.  We had a normal first year relationship and we grew so much as a couple in that home.  We put a lot of sweat into that home.  Derek spent hours getting the yard just how he liked it.  Bringing over wheel barrows full of dirt that he would then sift and rake.  We joke that Derek's job that summer was working in the yard because it seemed like that was all he did.  We did have a beautiful yard so I'd say it paid off.   2 years ago I planted a bunch of tulips but then last spring we were in virginia beach so I didn't get to see them and this year we moved.  I had to take pictures of the few that bloomed in time for me to enjoy them.  




Of course this was where we brought our babies home to. This is where we officially became a family. And to Derek and I, where our lives really started.  




For us our home was good but our neighbors were amazing.  It really is what made us so attached to the house.  The friends we made really have changed our lives and we hope they will be friends with us for years to come.  


(Andi! You guys aren't pictured but don't think you aren't included!)

We've spent many date nights, laughing, losing at cards ;), talking through movies with these people.  We've spent day after day enjoying each others company.
Two things I'll never forget about these people...

the way they loved our children
and
the way they continually served us as friends.   

Our dinner has been made, our kitchen as been cleaned,  laundry has been folded, our dog has been cared for, our lawn has been mowed, baby sitting provided, side walks shoveled more times than we can count.  There have been so many small acts of service I cannot count it all.

We are blessed to call these people our friends. 
Another thing I will never forget about our house is the back circle.  It is the play area for all the kids.  It is always covered with toys to share. 



We've spent many summer evenings out chatting with friends as the kids play.  I will definitely miss the circle.  Brielle has so many friends.  She loves to play outside and is always asking to play with them.  




My heart hurts when I think about not seeing these kids everyday.  
We sure do love them.

We knew this day would come, you can't live in a 1200 sq ft home forever.  But at this moment, I wish we could. 

Packing is a serious mess...I have proof.
Our families helped us so much with the move.  My mom packed the kitchen like a pro.  Our friends also helped us to pack up, which was great because I was needing to soak up my time with them.  
Thank you doesn't quite express my gratitude, but thank you everyone for your help. 




 Moving out of this house was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I know it seems dramatic but I don't care.  This place meant more to me than I can explain.  This was our HOME.  It will forever be a part of me.  
We took the advice of a friend (Anne) and prayed as husband and wife before we left our house.  We wanted our Heavenly Father to know how grateful we were for all of the memories we had there, I'm so glad we took the time to do that.  It is something I won't forget and even though the day was hard, we were again filled with peace knowing it was the right thing for our family. We know that we can take those memories with us and that means everything.  


This is our last family picture in our home.  
I am looking forward to our future and hope that we will keep our friends and memories close to our hearts while making more as our family continues to grow.  

Next April 27th, I'd like another really happy memory.  



4 comments:

Taryn said...

I am crying because I know how hard this was (is) for you, and I know I have to do it all myself so soon! Change is hard, really hard. But many times it is good and it is just what we need to become better. Love you!

Andi said...

Love you Bri! And thanks for the shout out :) This may sound like a fortune cookie but I foresee many good things in your future. Things will start looking up real soon! xoxoxo

Andi said...

I mean Bre with an e. That was weird.

Kimberly Miller said...

I can't believe you guys are all packed up and moved out. I am sorry it has been hard. :(